Privacy and Security Notice
- The Air Force Personnel Accountability and Assessment System (AFPAAS) web is provided as a public service by the Air Force Personnel Center.
- Privacy Act Statement - If you choose to provide us with personal information we only use that information to
support individual readiness for deployment in support of the Global War on Terrorism; to account for Air Force personnel and
their families and to provide access to disaster-related support services. The authority for the collection of this information
is listed in the Department of Defense Privacy Act Systems of Record Notice DPR 39 DOD dated 24 March 2010.
- Information presented on Air Force Personnel Accountability and Assessment System (AFPAAS) web sites are considered FOUO information and may not be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for analytical and statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Your interaction with this system is not anonymous. By using this system you are consenting to the monitoring of your activity. Raw data logs will only be used to identify individual users and their usage habits for authorized law enforcement investigations or national security purposes. These logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20.
- Unauthorized attempts to deny service, upload information, change information, or to attempt to access a non-public site from this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under Title 18 of the U.S. Code to include the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- Solicitation of the Social Security Number (SSN) is authorized under the provisions of Executive Order 9397 and the Privacy Act of 1974 section 3(e)(3). Your SSN is a unique identifier and disclosure is necessary in some circumstances to confirm your eligibility for an AFPAAS Secure account. Providing your SSN is voluntary; however, failure to provide your SSN may result in a denial of an AFPAAS Secure account.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please send us email at email@example.com.
- Cookie Disclaimer - The site uses session cookies, i.e., tokens that remain active only until you close your browser, for site management. Information is collected for analytical and statistical purposes, and no personal information is collected using this technology. When you close your browser, the cookie is deleted from your computer. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site. The help information in your browser software should provide you with instruction on how to disable session cookies. The Air Force does not control the editorial or user policies of external links on this site. Users should read privacy and user agreements when visiting sites external links.
This website does use session cookies I.e., tokens that remain active only until you close your browser to provide secure access to information. The Air Force Personnel Center DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies and when you close your browser, the cookie is deleted from your computer.
You can choose not to accept these cookies and still have limited use of the site, but you will not be able to enter any of our secure sites. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable cookies.
The Presence of Commercial/External Links
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Air Force Personnel Center, the United States Air Force, or the Department of Defense, of the external Web site, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the United States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of the Web site